View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 05:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson2608 View Post
Okay I’ve checked a lot of things since last posting. Not fuel pump as i checked it with a gauge, it could be a injector I’ll double check that next. Negative cable is good, spark plugs were not bad either.

I’m really starting to think it’s my cats. They are Z1 Motorsport cats and I’ve had them for about 40k miles. The problem is so inconsistent it’s hard to diagnose. Today i hopped in and fully accelerated and i had like maybe half the power and the engine sounded really muffled almost like i had an exhaust leak but it was quiet( if that makes sense). Stopped the car went to class then came out an hour later, full throttled the car with no problems at all.

I’ll try to take a video next time it happens and upload it. Thanks for everyone’s input so far.
Clogged up high flow catalytic converters is another possibility to your symptoms your are experiencing with your Z. How knows what vendor Z1 is using to supply their high flow catalytic converters and how good of quality they are?
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote