View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 05:35 AM   #423 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

I have a lot of new problems to address, because....

My 9 year old and I have picked out his first car, and it needs a LITTLE bit of work lol.

One owner car with all original papers which is cool.
L28 motor thrown in along with original part match 2.4 which I’ll set aside.

Plan as of now is to completely strip it down, media blast it, weld up and address all rust and dings (and huge holes) then clean up and powder coat suspension.
1. 2800 motor rebuild to about 200 hp
2. Coil over suspension
3. Full disk brakes all around.
4 rebuild 5 speed tranny
5. Strip disease ridden interior and replace with racing seats and 5 pt harness
6. Roll cage for eventual track use (easier to put on now when it’s all stripped out.)

Should look about like this under hood in a year or two.

(A buddy’s restoration at the shop I use)

Goal is to get my 9 year old’s hands dirty on his first car and revive a struggling classic in the process. We will completely disassemble at my shop. Reassemble the machined motor at my shop and then get help at buddy’s race shop reassembling and rewriting.

I have a LOT of grinding and welding ahead of me!

I hope 6 years is enough to get this done lol.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote