View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #6571 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
I was going to, until the 2012 (base) got totaled. My 2015 is a Sport Tech, so it has the painted Akebonos on it.

I was going to get these, then paint them using the caliper painting kit that Advance Auto sells, bake them in the oven to cure the paint, put Akebono decals on, then clear coat and bake again. If you buy the calipers from the local parts store, there is usually a 90 day period to return the cores, so depending on how long a powder coater shop would take to powder coat the ones you get from the store. I imagine you would have to replace the seals after powder coating, with the caliper paint kit, you won't have to. I do know that the guys at the chain parts stores aren't bright enough to know that the base calipers don't belong in the box that the rebuild Akebono's come in... but the rebuilder will figure it out...
No way in heck would I be allowed to use the oven for curing car parts! I called local shops for powdercoating prices. Its pretty pricey. 125-150/caliper. I might just bite the bullet and get a bbk package. Saves me some time and headache and will keep me from sleeping on the couch.
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace