View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pwny
Base Member

Drives: 09 red 370z Touring
Pwny is on a distinguished road
Default Window wont go up after reset.

I installed new speakers yesterday and lost my bass. Reversed the wires and now I have bass. Unfortunately my driver side window will not roll back up at all. I have tried the 20 sec reset multiple times but its not working. With the door closed I cannot hear the click of the relay announcing its working. It only starts clicking when the door is open and continues to click every 3-5 seconds with the door closed. I have swapped the motor from the passenger side to the driver side and no change. The motor was hot when I took it off the driver side. I installed the driver side motor onto the passenger door and the window rolls up just fine so I know the motor is good. Driver side motor (that was previously passenger side) was hot when I took it off the door again. I'm pretty sure the clicking is the relay trying to work but I can't find anything on the net to where its location is. I can operate the passenger window from driver switch so I'm pretty sure the switch is fine too. It's cold outside and we are due for rain so I really need to get this window up. I have no idea what to do. Speedy replies are gratefully requested.

Edit.
I plugged the motor cable back in putting the door back together and it started turning. I think the clicking sound I hear now is it trying to turn the regulator.

Last edited by Pwny; 01-30-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Pwny is offline   Reply With Quote