View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 02:57 PM   #6081 (permalink)
Zoren 370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Nissan 370 M6
Zoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Pretty good post, and don't misunderstand my point. I'm not saying most people today aren't soft - I'm saying the necessity of being other than soft is largely gone. Our society (here in the US) is no longer driven by subsistence farming. I also know that if you started putting the screws to society, through war or famine or plague, you'd see a large number of people die off; and then you'd see a large number rise to the challenge.
(Also, FYI, I worked in construction for 14 years starting at age 12. I've done pretty terrible work in pretty terrible conditions and did it for a long time. My dad's mantra was "Larson's don't call in sick, they crawl in sick." I have no illusions - it wasn't like a 3rd world country. I didn't risk malaria or invasive parasites. But my work ethic comes because my parents placed on me the expectation that I would have a job, or I'd be out of the house.)

My point with all of these posts is that people are a product of their environments, for good or for ill.
I agree brother! Life is a choice. And life is filled with tough choices!
Its either you stand or melt in the heat.

You know how they make Gold pure right?

You see Im not all Shitz ir full of it! Lol