View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 02:42 PM   #6079 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
JL I love my job even if Im packing shitz in china. If I can bring food to the table I’lldo it.

Im assuming you grew up in a civilized environment where your hands dont even get dirty.

You come down to a 3rd world country and your perspective of how survival means would probably change your mindset.

But my argument stands as Im a foot soldier I will do what am I supposed to do in the field but not act stupid..,and cause or endanger the lives of my people.

Situation dictates my critical decision. That I agree with you, but I will be willing to go down the mud if that would save multitude!

Yes every human being is in the survival mode! And thats human nature.
But what Rusty and some of the old timers are saying.

millennials Have forgotten the word Sacrifice. Everyone now a days calls or demand for entitlement and about my rights as a human being.

Our Lord Jesus even said who among you is of clean and has none of sin strike the first stone.!

He came in this world earth not to claim his glory as King but he came to sacrifice himself to save you and me.

Choice is the best given gift to mankind.

I was told one time If you cant stand the heat leave the kitchen!!!

Love,
Zoren
Pretty good post, and don't misunderstand my point. I'm not saying most people today aren't soft - I'm saying the necessity of being other than soft is largely gone. Our society (here in the US) is no longer driven by subsistence farming. I also know that if you started putting the screws to society, through war or famine or plague, you'd see a large number of people die off; and then you'd see a large number rise to the challenge.
(Also, FYI, I worked in construction for 14 years starting at age 12. I've done pretty terrible work in pretty terrible conditions and did it for a long time. My dad's mantra was "Larson's don't call in sick, they crawl in sick." I have no illusions - it wasn't like a 3rd world country. I didn't risk malaria or invasive parasites. But my work ethic comes because my parents placed on me the expectation that I would have a job, or I'd be out of the house.)

My point with all of these posts is that people are a product of their environments, for good or for ill.