View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 02:14 PM   #6075 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
I agree with you. However the counter argument is if that person goes outside because his company demands it of him/her, and they have not provided adequate information on cold protection in extremes, it falls on the company.
I get there are some nuances but it is absolutely not the employer's responsibility to inform the employee of the weather outside.

I mean if they ship you off to a camp in northern Canada in December without telling you at least to pack extreme cold weather gear, then sure. That's ridiculous. But if you work for AT&T fixing phone lines outside all day in Chicago and you don't bring your coat and freeze to death during a blizzard. That's on one person: you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
A lot of this liability didn't start off with bad intentions - it started off with unrestrained capitalism. Meat packing industry in the US circa 1920s profited greatly from fresh immigrants. Paid them pennies to work in insanely unsafe environments where one mistakes would cripple you. Grueling labor, performed for 16 hours at a time, in extreme heat or cold, because it was cheaper than actually making work safe.
Exactly. But it's turned into unrestrained legislation and litigation

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |