Thread: jacking points
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Shoeshear
Base Member

Drives: '15 370z Sport MT
Shoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
Yes, THIS is my question....jacking up to get a wheel off is one thing. I want to be able to get the whole car on jackstands. It's easier to go under the middle someplace and jack the entire end at one time, but wonder if there's any place under the rear of the car that'll hold up the car to do so.
My car is not lowered, but the front chin spoiler/air dam makes it very annoying to get a normal floor jack under the front. So I usually use either a scissor or floor jack for one of the front pinch welds to raise the front enough to get the floor jack under. Floor jack to the front dimple to raise the whole car evenly, then jack stands under the front two pinch welds. Then I do the back, floor jack on the rear diff, then jack stands under the rear pinch weld jack points. I do exactly the reverse when taking it off.

If you do the back first, I find that the front dips down too far and it makes it harder to get a floor jack under it. The easier solution to all this is getting a quick jack or JackPoint jack stands. I don't have either currently (no garage), but at my parents' place, I've used both and I really liked both. JackPoint is waaaay easier to store and deal with than quick jack though, IMO.

Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
The diff is mounted solidly enough to lift the back? Good to know.

I found the dimpled part up front and used that.
Here's a link to the old thread discussing the exact jack points. I too was curious if the diff was actually the right spot, but it is apparently per the Nissan manual.

FloorJack placement at pinchweld
Shoeshear is offline   Reply With Quote