View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 11:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
SPDKING
Base Member

Drives: 14' Nissan 370Z SP
SPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
If ya gotta ask, it's probably more than you can handle. A few tweaks (eg, throttle pedal curve) are easy enough for a neophyte but if you go messing with AFRs, etc, you can crater an engine if you don't know what you are doing.
That's what I was afraid of. So it doesn't make much sense to buy the programming kit, just take it to them or send the ecu to them every time I need a tune. I really want test pipes but I live in California and I was planning on swapping them out and retuning it myself (if I knew how to do it) every time I have to do emissions. Paying 300 every time I need to re-tune is a bit of a hassle. I'll just stick with the legal HFCs and have it tuned and be done. That or move to Texas.
SPDKING is offline   Reply With Quote