View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 09:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
RanRich
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 PG Sport M6
RanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts3 View Post
Awesome you are exactly the person I want to hear from. The greddy gives more power which is great, but what did you think of the sound comparison given you've had both? Did you move to the greddy for sound or performance? Or both?

Did you run them with test pipes/stock cats/ hfc?
I actually went from a custom exhaust to the Invidia and do not plan to purchase a new exhaust anytime soon (would like the extra horsepower but can’t stomach the idea of spending another $1,000 on a new exhaust). My Invidia is paired with test pipes and while it’s loud, it’s perfectly fine for daily driving. My Z is my only car.

The Greddy is a bit louder than the Invidia as it’s more free-flowing. It also sounds a little more aggressive so I think it wins there too. I would just probably switch to HFC’s or resonated TP’s to help tame the extra volume compared to my set up. Tips on Greddy aren’t adjustable like the Invidia.

Also, your vendor might have confused the Evolution GT you’re after with the old Evo 3. Hopefully that clears it up, but you should be able to buy it elsewhere if not.