View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 09:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
The Nissan ABS is a special breed of terrible. If you are not having ABS issues you are not pushing particularly hard. And when it fails, it does it with no warning and sends you flying off. I've had three abs units fail. If you touch the pedal after the module fails it will instantly lock the rears. You can't even pedal it because any pressure on the pedal locks em up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwbeT63mUnk - In case you are wondering why I kept my hands on the wheel. It rained 13" the day before and I wanted the car pointed straight so it wouldn't dig in from the side and roll.
Not pushing particularly hard he says...lol

Now, I'm playing devil's advocate here but maybe...just maybe it's also possible that I'm doing a couple things different that is preventing Ice mode from engaging.

OR maybe im slow but am still managing to magically put down laptimes that are very respectable for an NA Z34 with coilovers, Nexen SUR4's, exhaust, test pipes, a diff and an uprev tune...oh and square brake pads .

Overwhelming any system in a car is not something any driver should strive for, but you make it sound like if I'm not doing that then I must not be driving hard at all.
I'm on the west coast so I havent run any tracks you've most likely been at to compare lap times, which I would totally be willing to do...assuming you have that data. If you have an Aim Solo Data logger you could always send me what you have from your fastest laps at Buttonwillow or say Willow Springs and we could certainly compare that way.

Look I could say the same thing about you if you've never caused your car to hit limp mode or fuel starve. Does that mean you're not driving hard?

Being smooth matters and so does conserving the car.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote