View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 08:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Asus_
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 370z T/S
Asus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsully View Post
Ya, coming out of the 3.5 sucked. A lot of ground noise, even with the gains for the highs turned down. No bass compared to my oem unit going to my pioneer sub, and I had those gains cranked all the way up. After ordering a signal processor, I just said screw it and ordered a multimedia headunit to handle the signal processing. This will then give me phone and steering wheel integration along with FM radio (if I ever need it). The receiver has an app to control it, so I can tweak all the settings from the tablet. Only issue I have right now with the backup cam is finding a good stable app. The one everyone recommends doesn’t work on Oreo and the developer abandoned the app. So. The one I have working now launches when i put the car in reverse, but I have to manually close the app to go back to the interface.

Hopefully the upcoming version has the andrino support, as I have my relays all wired up for my demon eyes, vdc controller. I asked for their andrino code, but they said they are holding off releasing it until the new app is stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
Really? Other than having to remove/redo the wiring from my Pioneer, the install was extremely simple. For the sound, I have an aftermarket amp (if you don't already have one) and but one of my friends recommended a crossover to completely split the channels; the sound coming from the tablet using the 3.5mm to RCA is terrible. I assumed I would be able to get decent sound using only my amp (Polk DA4000.4) and it was just that: decent. However, there needs to be better separation between the front/sub channels.

I thought they mentioned something about rear camera support sometime in the future, but not sure when. However, for phone integration (as Jayhovah mentioned), they're working on adding that in one of the next updates. Version 3 is supposed to come out this week and they usually have updates every other month give/take.
Is there anything i should buy now to make it easier on my end? i just bought the tablet and will be buying the molds soon. I'd prefer to keep decent sound quality but this ground noise issue i keep hearing about is throwing me off lol.

i was told this should help with the sound quality aspect. https://www.audioquest.com/dacs/dragonfly/dragonfly-red
Asus_ is offline   Reply With Quote