Thread: jacking points
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Desert Rat
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z M6 Base
Desert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond repute
Default jacking points

I pulled all 4 wheels off to get the rims powder coated and new ties mounted, so right now it's sitting on blocks and jack stands.

Jacking points are dismal on this car. Using a floor jack on the pinch seam jacking points bends stuff and I don't like using one, but it's really the only viable alternative. I am able to get under the cradle in front to lift the front in the middle, which works OK. In the rear I don't see a spot in the center of the car that will support the car. I don't believe you can lift under the diff, but maybe I'm wrong?

I have jackstands under the rear control arm mounts and blocks under the engine cradle holding the car up but I had to use the rear jacking point on the side of the car to get the jakstands under it....not optimal.

How are you guys getting your car off the ground? Don't say a 2 post lift...lol, though I do fantasize.....
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote