View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the 370Z forums. Congratulations our Nissan 370Z’s are actually very reliable and dependable vehicles to own as long as you do all of your general maintenance on time. Depends really where the whine noise you are hearing is coming from? Noises are honestly best diagnosed by a shop in person and would be hard to diagnose over this wonderful forum. A lot of the time this whine noise could be coming from the front of the engine. I recommend having a shop or a Nissan dealership service department you trust diagnose this noise hopefully it is not your oil pump as they tend to be a weak link on our VQ37HR engines. At 150K miles honestly you are fortunate your clutch and flywheel lasted that long I would definitely install a new clutch and flywheel and at the same time install a Z Speed Performance CMAK before your genuine Nissan CSC fails and leaves you stranded somewhere. I have replacement three genuine Nissan CSC before I finally installed the Z Speed Performance CMAK and never had a problem since I installed it. Also a great time to do all your basic maintenance like change all of your fluids and change your spark plugs. The manual transmission fluid is pretty easy to flush and refill yourself in your Z as well as the differential.

Last edited by Quicksilvers; 01-27-2019 at 11:57 PM.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote