View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Navi Delete Effort Without A/C Amp Swap

I have an '09 Sport/Touring with the Navigation system. I liked the idea described here to convert to non-navi for custom audio installations but I am approaching it from a different angle. I am working on a way to use the base model A/C dial control module with the Navi AC amp module. This would eliminate a lot of invasive modifications to the Z to perform this conversion. For example, it would eliminate splicing into existing wire harnesses, adding pins to existing connector housings, and running new wire. It would also remove the need to source a base model AC amp (which I know isnt a huge deal, but as of now are are ~$80).

In effect, this would be a plug-n-play translator that would allow the base AC controls to operate as normal and interface with the Navi AC system. Additionally, the AC state could be communicated to an app (or custom screen) to get visual feedback. In my case, I plan on integrating a tablet in conjunction with an aftermarket stereo. The tablet could run the AC state app and provide things like Mode, Temp, Fan speed, etc, similar to what the Navi screen displayed.

Anyway, I have ordered a base model AC control module. It would be awesome if anyone had a functional base AC amp that I could barrow (or buy for cheap!?). I would pay to have it shipped both ways and would reimburse/replace it if it got damaged. I am just trying to avoid having to buy one off eBay and reselling it. I don't have a good idea of how long I would need it yet, so that may not work for most.
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote