View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 04:50 AM   #28 (permalink)
Rodd
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z R’ster Red M
Rodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman12 View Post
My dealer mechanic told me he followed the tsb bulleting moved the lid as far back as possible and put new bungee cords in, and it only worked for a few times. After which he contacted nissan engineers. waiting till this spring to take it back in. What's worse after he moved the lid back i started getting rattling noises (metal against metal - lock against - striker) from the lid locking system. But the lid was still hitting the roof. he moved the lid forward again to at least get the rattling noise out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Ok, thanks for that. You are having a bad run and I do feel bad for you. I really hope something is resolved for you soon. Even if it does I am sure the whole experience will leave a really bad taste in your mouth for these cars and no one could blame you.
My issue is fortunately no real problem at the moment, still loving my car etc but I am concerned of what may eventuate. I'm sure if the hitting gets worse it will put more loads/pressure on the whole system etc. Anyway, taking a look at it shortly to see what i can do.
Cheers,
Rodd
Rodd is offline   Reply With Quote