View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 01:37 PM   #124 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRiZO View Post
Do you consider the 370Z a sports car then?
Not as much of a pure sports car as my Alfa 4C.
But more of one than the Supra, from what I've read.

It is quite probable that the compromises that Nissan have made in building the 370Z a little less hard core have been what has kept the car on sale for 10 years practically unchanged. It's loud, low, rough-riding, beautiful, has enough power to be fun (but not enough torque!), beautifully balanced, RWD and set up a bit for oversteer, has crappy audio and minimal storage. Those all tick my boxes for sports car. Overly heavy heated electric seats and an abundance of cupholders don't do it for me (but they do help sales). Comes in a manual (which doesn't make it fast, but definitely plays to the "sports" nature of the car).

My synopsis: the 370Z is quite difficult to get in and out of. But once you get in you don't really care about exiting. Or about anything else but driving. So by my benchmark, it's a proper sports car.

Last edited by ZCanadian; 01-25-2019 at 01:40 PM.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote