View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 09:32 AM   #108 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

I
The Supra engine sounds promising. There's been a lot of thought into the potentiality of enthusiasts tuning the car. Since the car is already forced induction it may be cheap to mod it seems. Unlike the Q60 vr30dett. Which has so many proprietary technologies. It might as well be an NA mod in cost. These things matter.
Finally... Sounds like it will have a nice sounding exhaust. Something Nissan couldn't even do with a N/A engine and probably the biggest disappointment on the Z.

I'm hoping they make a special edition with the 385hp from the Z4 soon. My only gripe would be the lack of BMW's amazing dual clutch. If they were gonna skimp out on the manual? They could've made a good automatic...

By the way .. My comparisons to the Z aren't Z hate. But I'm nearly seeing the advantages of a newer platform in the Supra
Lastly. Toyota pricing the SUPRA where it's at keeps the Z relevant. The top line Z costs 47k but can be had for about 43k. . a base supra being 50k means toyota wasn't out to crush the Z. So it's up to Nissan to decide how they wanna play it next gen. Compete with the Spra at the price point. Or be the car about 7k cheaper? Mazda Rx9... Where are you?