View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 01:08 AM   #101 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
That the 370Z is still relevant at all for a comparison, despite being a 10 year old design and having only one real refresh early on, is the astounding part.

If Nissan had bumped power of our cars a few times and upgraded the anemic torque number, and perhaps improved interior tech, the 370Z would still be the car to beat (especially for the price). Instead, it's become a bit of a joke in the automotive world, and a cash cow for Nissan.
"See, we still offer a 6 and manual transmission - who needs investment? People will still buy it regardless, just because there is nothing else."
I totally agree with you - if they would have pushed the car to put out a little more HP and given more torque. Maybe added Apple/Android CarPlay instead of the ‘tech’ system they have been recycling for the last 5 or so years - the Z would still be able to compete.

I wonder how people would have take it if the car and engine that was used at SEMA that was pushing 400HP is what was used for the refresh. On some level having a different engine in it would be weird but since it would include a turbo - it would make it so it would be tunable and make most of us if not all of us happy. I find very few Z owners complaining about the looks of the car even though it’s 10yrs old. But if we could get engine updates made - it would make it so they could compete with newer cars and I don’t think we would mind waiting for a new model so much. So i guess we wait and hope a concept comes out soon so we all have something to look forward to.
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote