View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
FuszNissan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pure Sex
FuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to FuszNissan Send a message via Skype™ to FuszNissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
Just for fun (since I used to be an american muscle guy) I compared the Z to the vette as far as their track brands. If my math is off, feel free to correct me.
The nismo is 30-31% more expensive than the base Z. And for that extra cost, you get a 5% power increase. The z06 vette is 50% more than the base vette, but you get a 17% power increase (I wont even bother going into all the other goodies you get with a z06 to keep this simple). So, if the Z were to stay on par with this "lowly american brand," the nismo should either have more HP or cost less. And let's face it, the z06 is a real track car out of the box, and IMHO, the nismo is not.
I did this in percentage instead of actual dollars so no one could be distracted by the vette costing much more money.
That is a very good point. But I don't think Nissan wants to get the Z up in that price range again. That is why the 300ZX TT died. Got to expensive and the vette was the better deal at that price point. Different strokes for different folks. I think the Nismo is a great looking car, but as far as price to performance I would go with a Touring..IMO

ZDAYZ 2012
FuszNissan is offline   Reply With Quote