View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 01:21 PM   #53 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

I get it and you are not 100% wrong, but I am not going to defend a piece of **** 100hp Miata running open pipes. It’s not necessary and uncalled for. If people would just be reasonable about how they do things, We would have a lot less rules. I am happy my stock exhaust can stay under the dB meter reading and be just as fast as the guy with the fart cans next to me.

Oh yeah loud motorcycles are just there to satisfy their own egos, or they are trying to turn on the other guys around them. There is nothing worse than the rolling tards strolling though your neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
I think there is a point where we all agree that it is just noise a becomes more of an annoyance than pleasure. Ddbs are a logarithmic calculation and so each increase or decrease in dbs is significant because it is exponential. I am see several company making cut outs to deal with the noise issue.

"There is a reason why Laguna Seca cap most track days at 90DB"

This only had do with rich people moving in next to a track that had been there for a long time. Prime property and the owners have enough money and power to get the noise level changed. This has happened with flight paths for air planes and shooting ranges. I spent much of my career dealing with the NIMBY effect when the State owned shooting range had been there for decades and the city came to it and people where powerful enough to get some ranges shut down. Fortunately there was a law past to protect shooting ranges from unreasonable attacks from the public.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote