Thread: Golf R Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

The Golf R is a baby TT-RS in sheeps clothing.
Although I wouldn’t personally get the manual transmission, I understand that you can tune the MK7 Golf R quite nicely.

But it sounds to me like you are looking for us to justify the purchase. If you’d like, I can help you justify buying a Huracan. But in the end this (the Golf, not the Lambo) is a decision that only you can make as only you know all the parameters and restrictions.

Bottom line, buying a newer vehicle, especially a “new” one, when there is nothing wrong with the old one never makes economic sense. If your loan is manageable and risk of losing income slight, and especially if you have issues with the Z (doesn’t fit your lifestyle anymore, reliability, whatever), then sure it is something to consider. I really feel for any US federal employees who might have been in the same position and taken that leap in say, November! Consider that an extended warranty is probably worth a lot less than that Golf will lose in value the moment you take it off the lot.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote