Thread: Golf R Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 02:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
Thanks for the input guys.

Financially I agree it is not a wise decision and that is what is preventing me from aggressively pursuing it. While I think they still have some wiggle room on the price - I think they would be willing to come down more; I guess I’m just trying to justify the pursuit of it; but i always hate taking a loss on a vehicle or I like to be able to PIF my vehicles within 3yrs. This would definitely make it so I would have to keep the loan for 5yr. I guess I wanted to get some input from others within the community to see if anyone had come for a R or if there were things I was missing about it as far as performance etc; as well as seeing if taking the financial hit would be worth it?

Having had a GTI before - agree about the walnut blasting and then flagging of the car for running a tune. I know there were discussions that you could put it in stock mode but the flag would always be there - just had to find a mod friendly dealer.

There’s always a temptation to keep getting a new car all the time when you’re a car guy, but in the long run you’ll be able to up your car game more if you’re just patient and get your money’s worth out of the z purchase.

Plus, you have a nismo, which is a great car, enjoy it and have fun with it, there aren’t many raw driver involved sports cars left and this is one of them. And it’s reliable and cheap to fix if it breaks.

FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote