View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

With Ghosn’s ouster, there are a lot of opportunities ahead of Nissan. They need a captain who can cut the cable on the horrible Renault strategic partnership and move forward. I din’t know the history if that deal, and suspect that it was a last ditch effort to avoid some sort of catastrophe at the time (because, really, why would you if you didn’t have a gun to your head). But other than make Nissan an extremely unattractive takeover target, I don’t believe that it has done them any favours.

As for electrics, good on Nissan for jumping in (and in a big way according to that article). I don’t think that Tesla will be much of a force once mainstream makes start digging into this market. The Porsche Taycan will take a lot of wind out of the new Roadster sales. Volvo is gunning for all electric, and their record for SUV’s is recognized. Audi E-tron in sedan and SUV flavours will also make an impact.

I’m actually surprised at how quickly this is all evolving. And a bit scared. The infrastructure issues haven’t gone away...

K.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote