Thread: Golf R Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 08:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the input guys.

Financially I agree it is not a wise decision and that is what is preventing me from aggressively pursuing it. While I think they still have some wiggle room on the price - I think they would be willing to come down more; I guess I’m just trying to justify the pursuit of it; but i always hate taking a loss on a vehicle or I like to be able to PIF my vehicles within 3yrs. This would definitely make it so I would have to keep the loan for 5yr. I guess I wanted to get some input from others within the community to see if anyone had come for a R or if there were things I was missing about it as far as performance etc; as well as seeing if taking the financial hit would be worth it?

Having had a GTI before - agree about the walnut blasting and then flagging of the car for running a tune. I know there were discussions that you could put it in stock mode but the flag would always be there - just had to find a mod friendly dealer.
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote