View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
DirtyDave
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo Pearl White
DirtyDave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
:shrug: I'm not an engineer, so I honestly dont know why the regular would be faster than the nismo. Drag from the wing and other body kit parts? The difference in suspension not good for hooking up?

I just know we have someone who ran them back to back, and the touring was faster (forget the base). That being said, I do believe there could be variation. I know when I go to the track, there can be a difference in the numbers with the same car. So I would be willing to agree with you that they may be just about equal. But even if that were the case, and they are about equal, what is the justification for paying all that extra money?

And the answer can't be handling, because if memory serves me, the nismo did worse on the skidpad in most of the mags tests as well.
The spending justification has never been my issue during the course of the thread. Only the claim that Base/Sport is faster than a Nismo. Everyone has their own justification for spending what they do on various things throughout their lives. I don't feel that I need to justify what I spent on my car or anything else I've bought in my lifetime to you. That's my business. My complaint is with guys that try to generalize Nismo buyers as being ***** just because they bought a Nismo.