View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 12:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Brake cooling can be very effective. Or not. Depends on your track. It can also lead to less than optimum brake temperatures at the end of a long straight, but that's preferable to fade from overheating (and the corresponding damage to rotors and pads). Usually it helps a bit with aero too, as long as the ducted air goes out the side and doesn't get released under the car. But that's really hard to ascertain - even for racing teams with deep pockets.

Better pads (which you likely already have), and larger rotors / BBK can help as well, but those add unsprung weight.

Making the car lighter helps in every respect on the track. But makes the car less liveable if you use it as a daily driver.

Driving technique will always help - faster, larger radius corners mean less braking, less heat, less likelihood of fade, less consumption of pad material, and quicker lap times.

That 1LE is an amazing car. Especially for the money. But yeah, 3,750 lbs. Wow.

So, you gonna share pictures of your handiwork, or do we just have to imagine what your brake ducts look like??? I promise, no criticism on those from me. I'd like to see them though.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote