View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:21 AM   #21 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by James512 View Post
... Looks like I will be buying some high flow cats and if this doesn't fix the problem, back to the dealer. I just feel like the noise is coming from in front of the cats. I could be wrong though. Dealer quoted $2200 for them to do it.
I wouldn't start throwing parts at it just yet. Of course, if you plan on getting HFCs in the future, this might be a good time to do it.

It will make things a lot easier if you have a helper when trying to locate where the noise is coming from - one person can move around and listen while the other manipulates the throttle and clutch.

Good luck and be safe.