View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maestro666
Base Member

Drives: 370z 7AT 2014
Maestro666 is on a distinguished road
Default Traction Control?

Hi guys,

So I got my 7AT 370Z about a year and a half ago and the previous owner had put the cheapest hardest rubber he could possibly buy on all four corners of the car.

Now the back had always been a bit slippy, but nothing bad. Car always launched hard with TC on, but spun right through to third with TC off. In the rain it was like ice skating.

Finally, and after a cat-back upgrade (priorities), I decided to put a pair of Kumho PS91 275/35/19 on the back. Right away I was disappointed as the damn things picked up anything and everything and flung it into the wheel well. What's more, the car felt sluggish. Like it was having trouble getting going. I tried a few hard launches and the car was definitely slower getting started. **** what I have done? The new tires are a bit heavier. **** **** ****

So I got thinking, what if it's the traction control getting confused now? I normally always have it on, and hard launches are almost impossible without it.

So I took the car to a nice quiet place, stopped, turned the TC off, then stomped on the loud peddle. The car sprung forward quite well with no drama, no tire noise, no spin. It felt fast (faster than the old tires? I'm not sure), but when it clicked into second my arse got put into the back of my seat like I haven't felt before.

I drove it around quite hard for a while and found it was impossible to get any slip on tarmac.

Is this normal? Do I need to turn the TC off now to enjoy my car?
Maestro666 is offline   Reply With Quote