View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #38 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
To my understanding. Benz engines are solid. BMW engines are good. The problems with these cars are overengineered electronic systems that make them unreliable. Which is very expensive to fix. Toyota with minimized electronics and its own tune should keep this carvreliable.
You missed my point my friend. I'm saying why would you reproduce your halo car and not have your engine in it. The GTR and Supra are not famous and feared because they look sexy... they were feared for the power and reliability of the rb26 and 2jz.

I've been tracking the ft1 supra for years. If I knew it was going to have a crappy bmw engine I wouldnt have even thought twice. Mercedes engines may be a step up from bmw for reliability BUT that's missing the point.