View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 09:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
alsmedic
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z M6
alsmedic has a brilliant futurealsmedic has a brilliant futurealsmedic has a brilliant futurealsmedic has a brilliant futurealsmedic has a brilliant futurealsmedic has a brilliant futurealsmedic has a brilliant futurealsmedic has a brilliant futurealsmedic has a brilliant futurealsmedic has a brilliant futurealsmedic has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideglideleon View Post
I feel it also comes down to Insurance risks. If someone hits you and you are injured they can bring up in court, that you removed the safety devises the factory installed, and have to assume some of the fault for your injury's.
If the accident is their fault- then you would've been COMPLETELY uninjured HAD THEY NOT HIT YOU. The blame is right back on them...

Honestly, I have been a Paramedic for 25 years, running only 911 calls the entire 25 years. I have been on MANY calls where I have said "that seatbelt saved your life". I have been on MANY MANY more calls where I've said "that helmet saved your life" (motorcycles). I can't think of any calls where I have said an airbag saved anyones life. I have absolutely said "those injuries are just from your airbag". I'm not saying there isn't a perfect scenario where an airbag CAN save a life, I am just saying I have not seen it. BTW I work for a busy department in a busy county. I run thousands of calls each year
alsmedic is offline   Reply With Quote