View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 11:33 PM   #85 (permalink)
fork
Base Member

Drives: 18 370 ST Blue Pearl
fork is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vencko View Post
Hey everybody, rejoining the club with a 2018 Nismo. Quick question. Will our car pass emission with a test pipe or should i forget about it? If it won't, what power mods can be done to stay legal besides CAI and CBE ? Appreciate every response before i order stuff i won't be able to put on
It depends on which county you live in. I live in Washington County and I do not have cats. As long as the CEL is off and all my readiness monitors (except one) are responding, I will pass inspection. There is no required check to make sure you have emission controls for Washington County.

I think this is the website you can check to see if your county requires emission control devices: PA DEP I/M - Information for Pittsburgh Area Drivers
I'm guessing you live in the Pittsburgh Region (Allegheny, Beaver, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties) and it doesn't look like any of those counties require cats. Just make sure that you can keep you CEL off with the test pipes. You may need to put on O2 sensor extenders on your downstream O2 sensors if you are getting a CEL.
fork is offline   Reply With Quote