View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #38 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

because the touring is a viable option that is only slightly overpriced and does offer a large upgrade in comparison to the base. most people that own a Z don't really care about the radio so long as it sounds good which the bose does, while there are some who need more and add amps and subs. The touring has stuff i would never use but still adds value.

In contrast the NISMO package costs about 3 times what the parts are worth, and for a package marketed as a hardcore track machine it flat out fails. If i gave them grades the touring package would receive a b+ nice features and it is very much of what a touring package typically consists of and the price point is right. The only reason i didn't get it is because i knew that for me the stereo wasn't good enough and they cost twice as much for labor to change out and are a pain to swap. The nismo recieves a D- to an F because it doesn't meet most track guys expectations of a nismo (you could track a nismo 350z out of the box). to me if it were priced 4k less i might have considered it. If they included an oil cooler as well as doing a better job on the suspension to where there was at least a half G improvement over the sport, as well as including more of the touring options it might be worth what they charge.

And like i said some nismo guys are ok but i have talked to more than one that have seriously handed me the "but my cars a NISMO" line. You may not be a **** but you better damn well expect that there are guys who are. There are a lot of NISMO owners who still can't accept that they don't own the sport cars on the track (I can't blame you because you did pay for it to be able to do that) and it always causes arguements like this and when we post up proof it either gets shucked off hence bobo's post about the break in period which was used to discredit 2 different articles and it's totally BS, or you just say we are jealous and regret buying our cars and we're just being ornery when the thread is about trying to save someone from buying the NISMO thinking it has magic track speed.
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote