View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 09:09 PM   #506 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Hah, that's funny. Race Car Replicas (RCR designer of the SLC) is based out of Detroit. I've talked to the owner and had a tour because a buddy of mine was thinking about pulling the trigger on getting an SLC.

The owner was awesome! At the time of the tour, they happened to have a Ford GT 90 there. RCR or someone they knew bought a parts bin liquidation lot of cars. That Ford GT 90 happened to be in the lot of cars!

One of the delivery guys of the car couldn't figure out how to open the door and cracked the windshield. I guess he was trying to jimmy it open because there were no door handles. Turns out that there was a remote door popper on the key chain and the battery was dead. I suppose breaking a window on a mustang or something wouldn't be a big deal but the damn windshield was 1 of 3 and had to be custom made. They said something about it being 100g for a window because it would have to be hand crafted.

Meh, thought I would share.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote