View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Whjaxn17
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 370Z 6MT
Whjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocT View Post
Hi guys,

Yes, I'm new here. I've searched and read varying posts on this topic, but I wanna tinker around with the air intake on my new (to me) 2014 roadster. I can only do basic mechanic work, and just wanted to start with something I can do myself before I decide if I want to do any more extensive mods. I know the HP gains would be minimal at best, and maybe it will look or sound a bit cooler.

So here's the question: Z1 post-MAF tubes plus K&N drop ins ($216) or K&N Typhoon Intake Kit ($394)? The difference in money is not a big deal for me. Just wondered if anyone wanted to chime in with an opinion, or tell me how one of these mods worked for you?

Thanks.
If you've got the extra money, the Z1 intake is a solid option. I had the Typhoon system, and I'd advise steering clear. I changed from it to the Z1 and I've noticed my oil temps running a solid 5 degrees cooler. That short ram system being in the engine bay sucks hot air. You'll notice it having a little more pep at first, but it will heat soak fast.
Whjaxn17 is offline   Reply With Quote