View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #1555 (permalink)
ZeeingAround
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 3500 NVP 370Z-sold!
ZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
New ML sub recommends 50 hour break-in at moderate listening levels. I set some tonal pulses to run overnight to hasten the break-in. Now, if I turn the volume up to a movie listening level, the sub is just about perfect at 50% gain. If I crank it up to 75% it rattles pictures off the wall. Thinking about a second one
I took out a 4.5ft^3 Box with a JL 18W6 that I custom built. It will not work with the new furniture that My wife and I bought.
It was connected to a 1000watt amp to the Marantz 7702. I had to take the clock off the wall if cranking. Broke picture frames after they fell and most my ceiling lights are LEDS now because the filaments could not hang with the bass.
My wife was never a fan and never around when we went to fun levels.
Those days are over and the sub/amp up for sale.
I bought a JL e-112 a while ago that I planned on using for another project, but that will go up for sale too.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_136E11...Black-Ash.html
Went with a 10" Truaudio powered sub for now that passes the wife factor.
(she cannot see it)
Big bass days are gone. sad.