View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 05:00 AM   #2730 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Both of my TA's had the 6.6 Pontiac 240HP motors. The way to tell a 6.6 200 HP Pontiac motor from a 6.6 240 HP Pontiac motor was the valve covers. The 240 had chrome valve covers and the 200 had painted covers.

The Olds 6.6 (403) didn't come until '79. '80 had the 301 turbo or the 307 Olds.
My first car that I purchased in summer of 82’ was a 73’ Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme w/Rocket 455 engine,Turbo 400 trans & 2.73:1 limited slip diff.
The engine was only rated ar 250hp, but was very torky...it was a medium blue w/white interior & bucket seats with center console & shifter.
Tilt steering w/cushion grip sport wheel...2door hardtop (vinyl). 14” wheels w/stainless trim rings & something like G78x14 tires.
At 16yrs of age,,,my HotRodding day’s had began. 4,000 rpm shift points by the tachometer mounted on top of steering column w/hose clamp.
I learned how to tune a quadrajet carb well & adjust the points and timing.
This was not a very big car & we used to cut class & go d***-r*** at the nearby designated spot in the country...it jumped out the hole like a frog & kept pulling
I paid 1k for it & had title in hand,,,ugh the good old days

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html