View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 11:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

So probably need a little more information on this. Like was it doing this recently after a tune or had it been a lot of miles? What’s your normal driving like, aggressive or mild? Have you actually done some logs and seen just how far out the ignition correction is?

I was starting to get some occurrences as well under part throttle and a decent load like a steady incline and also some occurrences between a 1-2 shift with 7 AT. Most of my driving is pretty mild on the street (I need my license for work and can’t risk being stupid) and it’s been a while since I’ve had a track day. Anyhow mine has cleared up after using some amsoil p1 injector cleaner (which is basically a valve cleaner, other brands have the same stuff) doing a long trip to so cal and some mild pulls where I could, also I added a catch can setup as any oil in the intake system will lower the effective octane rating. This has seemed to clear up the part throttle medium load and has only had minor occurrences over something like the grapevine in summer (steep, high altitude and hot). The 1-2 shift occurrences were cleared up with z1 poly diff kit. Haven’t had an occurrence since however I did all this right before the weather started getting milder (was still summer just not mid summer), so I won’t really know 100% until mid summer again.

In my case with mild driving it can cause more deposits on the backs of the intake valves which can then absorb some fuel like a sponge and make you AF off a little just enough to cause some mild occurrences. Was never bad enough to feel or hear but I guess enough for the sensor to trip.

Last edited by Jhill; 01-04-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote