View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 10:13 AM   #100 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I've rode a motorcycle since I was 7yrs old. Both dirt and street. When I'm on a bike. I keep my head on a swivel. I try to anticipate other drivers moves in advance. Never had an encounter with a car or truck. But with a cow on a back road on night.
I've had a bike since I was 18 and it's amazing how much different I drive while riding one. I've taken a few riding courses, and they've helped a lot. I've only been down once (1989 Goldwing) back in 2006 while on the freeway. A woman in front of me slammed on her brakes and as I hit the front brake, the bike went down. I slid for what seemed like an eternity, but luckily, I had on a helmet, leather jacket and riding boots. I still had a lot of road rash, but fortunately, only suffered a broke ankle. Even with the broken ankle, I managed to ride the bike home (about 10 miles). My ankle didn't start hurting until my wife took me to the local ER (gotta love adrenaline).

I don't have a bike at this time, and I may get one in the future. I don't worry about me, it's the other "drivers" around me because you can't fix stupid...
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote