View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 01:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
newbie415
Base Member

Drives: 06 G35 6MT
newbie415 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSMrally View Post
As a great budget option, the Powerstop Track Day Spec Pads (PSA part numbers) work well in the Akebono calipers for track day and time attack duty. You'll certainly still need some brake cooling if you lapping hard, but these pads work very well and put up with the abuse.

I picked a set of these up from Rock Auto at the beginning of the 2018 season, after talking with some technical resources at Powerstop. They compared them very closely in their development testing to the Hawk DTC 60. I swapped them in for track days and time attack events and was able to run 3 lapping days and 2 time attack events with plenty of meat left. All events run on RE71R tires. In most cases, I'd drive to the track with the Powerstop pads and then daily drive the car with them still in for a week or so after the event. The pads performed great on the street as well, without excessive dusting or noise.

For around $160 US for a full set, these pads are certainly worth a shot.
oh wow, never knew power stop makes a pad comparable to the DTC60. I'll look into those too, $160 for a set is too attractive not to check out. I'm currently on Federal 595 RS-RR's, although they're not quite RE71R in terms of grip, it's still a 200tw tire.
newbie415 is offline   Reply With Quote