View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 09:17 AM   #64 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa3262 View Post
Hey guys

So my steering lock failed and so I cut the brown wire. The steering lock has been disengaged and I can go into acc mode with no issues but when I try actually start the car, the whole thing either shorts out and turns off or makes a loud blurring noise (like someone’s being electrocuted constantly). I have also pulled the fuse out and this makes no difference. Im panicking now and not sure what to do as I can’t even start my car
It sounds like the locking pin may not have been fully retracted when you cut the brown wire. If that is the case, you need to reinsert the fuse and reconnect the brown wire, hit on the ESCL until the locking pin actuates the internal switch(es), then pull the fuse (and/or disconnect the brown wire). See link in my sig for more info.