View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 09:01 PM   #96 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
I firmly believe most people who die on sportbike do so because of their own ignorance. I owned one for 4 years, I know what it did to me, it made me feel invincible. A lot of riders do die because of another car but, if you're going 130mph and someone pulls out in front of you, whose fault is it really? So many riders die because they're going way too fast and the car sees them and thinks they have enough time to pull out but they didn't know the guy was going triple the speed limit. Lots of dudes die that way.
I live on the side of a mountain, that has a 25 mph, straight residential street (tons of driveways and parked cars) which runs parallel below the mountain. Late at night, I occasionally hear cars & bikes accelerating like it's a drag strip!

In the past twenty years since I've lived there, I've clearly heard the speeding of a biker that killed himself hitting a car which pulled out of a driveway. There was no sound of screaching brakes, just the bike rapidly accerating through it's gears, and then BAM! The guy in the car was seriously hurt and the biker died before the ambulance got there.

Another incident involved a car, accelerating wildly up the same street, once again, no screaching brakes, just BAM again! Driver died and unfortunately 2 people in the car pulling out of the driveway also died.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote