View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 12:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
I would like to know if others have had the same experience as me...there is some backstory after my questions. Thanks!

After brake fluid boils, is it common for it to burst out of the caliper check valves?

If that is not common and the gaseous brake fluid is still in the system, will it eventually condense back into a liquid and you can drive away safely? And if so, should you flush and replace your fluid after it has boiled?

If someone has boiled their fluid before, did you have a strong brake fluid smell from inside the car? I haven’t had a chance to thoroughly clean up the calipers, but the smell from inside is far stronger then on the outside close to the calipers. It doesn’t appear to have any fluid around the pedals so I’m wondering if there is another place it could of leaked?

Some back story: This past weekend I did my first track days at Sebring. I’m running hawk 5.0 pads in the akebono calipers, solid rotors, SS lines, and motul 5.1.

On my last session of the weekend, they let us stay out a full hour on track and I stayed out without coming in to cool down. I ended up boiling my brake fluid.

When I got off track, I had absolutely no brakes, no fluid in the reservoir, and the fluid came out through the caliper valves. Lost some paint in the process. Cabin gas a strong brake fluid smell now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You sign up for Jan 6th, I’ll be out there.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote