View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 11:35 PM   #59 (permalink)
370Z_Fan
Base Member

Drives: 2010 MB ZR sport pkg
370Z_Fan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down SLU Failed A Second Time

So, it finally happened. My original SLU failed last Thursday (last week). I had it towed to the stealership where my car goes for services. Next day I get a call from my service advisor advising me that the SLU had failed and needed to be replaced. Fine, I'll pay to play. The part comes in the following Monday. I get a call from my service advisor saying the car is ready. I drive home no problem. I drive it on Tuesday no problem. I drive on Wednesday no problem. I drive to the grocery store on Thursday (today), went in to grab a few things, come out, start up the car, the intelligent key system warning light comes on and the car won't start. The service department supposedly replaced the orignal SLU with the latest and greatest (sic) SLU model #48700-9N00B. That's gotta be a record. Failure a few days later after replacement. Methinks they didn't replace the SLU or they received a lemon SLU from Nissan's warehouse. Now, let's see if the stealership will reimburse me for the second towing charge. Waiting for them to "fix" the problem so I can sell the car. Did anyone else beat me for having a second failure within four days since replacement??
370Z_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote