View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 03:41 PM   #45 (permalink)
Buzzkill247
Base Member

Drives: 16 370z KAD GunM 7AT
Buzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by radensb View Post
Got it! Thanks!

There is another option that I have been playing with, but it is still in its infancy. It involves using a microcontroller and some code to communicate on the CAN Bus. There is a very nice install that is demonstrated in this video which shows an Android app overlayed on the screen that provides the AC controls.

The above install requires an Arduino programmed to communicate to an MCP2515 CAN to SPI interface. The firmware project is here and the Android app project is here. Currently, the niscan project only works for the 370Z () but can be modified to support other vehicles.

Going this route, you can keep the CAN based AC amp and use the above firmware project to mimic the CAN based AC controls. This eliminates a bunch of splicing and opens the options for custom mechanical controls. I believe that this will lead to much more flexibility in custom moves away from the stock Navi. My only concern is if playing with the CAN Bus and potential corrupting traffic needed to properly operate the vehicle. Perhaps this isn't something to be worried about. I am still wrapping my head around the technical details and going over the code.
VERY interested in this approach for many reasons.
Buzzkill247 is offline   Reply With Quote