View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
crazy4oldcars
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '16 Nismo Tech
crazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond repute

I got a letter from Nissan, and a couple of emails, offering to sell me the updates at the low discounted price of $129! I emailed them back and basically told them to kiss my ***.
These isn't some low-end Kia or Hyundai. I paid for one of the most expensive vehicles on most Nissan lots. Why in the hell am I paying for map updates?
1. I got them for free from Ford when I had my F150, and MSRP for it was about the same as for my Nismo.
2. I have 2 programs on my phone that already have updated maps on them, and they are free.
3. The only driving I do in my Z is back and forth to work. Trips are made in the much roomier 2500HD Chevy pickup we use to haul our travel trailer.
Bottom line? I see no reason to buy the updated nav maps from Nissan. It's ********.

But that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong.

Kirk B.
crazy4oldcars is offline   Reply With Quote