View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
htt760
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Base 370z
htt760 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Yes the template was included but I was bothered with the prospect of those several holes that had to drilled in the trunk. The Nissan body shop manager scared me off and talked me out of the install. Do think I was a victim of a conflict of interest there? I thought they would be the best for installation as they know the car best. How is the spoiler installed when it is a factory add on with the sport option? Are there driulled holes?
Old guy,

Yeah Im assuming that you were a victim of conflict, you can probably find a nice body shop around your area to install it without question.

The holes also come from the factory because they also have to have to drill in order to install the spoiler but with the rust situation is where they scared you off.

I guessing from the factory they predrill for the sport models or they drill for the spoiler after the fact of the hatch being assembled.

Hope that helps... I thinking they are just covering their a$$es since it is a after market spoiler.