View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 08:56 PM   #75 (permalink)
ltullos
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 Nismo Tech MT
ltullos is a jewel in the roughltullos is a jewel in the roughltullos is a jewel in the roughltullos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsxjunkie View Post
Leave it stock, get an oil cooler, and spend money on seat time.

Having done 15 events over the previous 5 years, this is by far the best answer to your question. I've done 5 events in the last 12 months, including a 2 day / 10 session Edge Addicts event at COTA this last weekend; and I can testify that improvement comes with good coaching and repetition. Track time will be your most rewarding investment.

I started with my mostly stock 40th AE and added oil cooler, which is a must. For brake pads, I like the Stop Tech sport pads which serve me well at the track but are easier on rotors, are quiet and pretty clean - esp for street. I flush brake and clutch lines with Motul RFB-600 2X per year. I now have a 2016 Nismo and added SPL front adjustable camber arms to preserve tire life on my Potentza RE-11As. The Nismo suspension helps and the Recaro seats are damn near perfect.

In my opinion, making suspension adjustments is throwing away money on the wrong things until you are capable of driving at the limit and maintaining car control. And although I've done a lot of events; I'm still not at that point - but am getting there by going to the track more frequently and doing events which can maximize my time.
ltullos is offline   Reply With Quote