View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
KingZTX
Base Member

Drives: Slow, homie
KingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not "quite" a total loss--thoughts?

Nearly two weeks ago I got in a bad hydroplaning accident with my Z (horrible rear tread, it was raining cats and dogs) that resulted in me making contact with the highway divider twice, once on the front passenger side and another on the rear passenger side. Airbags deployed passenger side, but not driver side.

I dont have any good pictures of the damage, I was quite shocked after the impact.

This was my Z's second accident, it had previously been sideswiped in a parking lot, resulting in the replacement of the front right wheel housing panel and the passenger door panel.

Today, I finally got a call back from the collision center (the shop is certified for Nissan repairs, if that means anything), where they are conducting the examination to make a call on "total loss" or "repairable."

With just minor checks remaining on the car, the tally is at $11,300. Allstate gave the shop the "OK" to begin repairs, but are still requiring a final damage report. The appraiser made it seem like it could still fall either way.

Lets say the tally remained, and Allstate allowed for repairs. What would be your call? Save the car, or go ahead and cash in on a ride that could maybe never be the same?

Its a 2011 370Z 6MT Sports + Touring, with a Stage 1 ZSpeed Clutch Kit and Stillen Gen 3 Intake. 68kmi odometer. Keep in mind the kit had no more than 1000 miles on it, and the intake had no more than 200 miles on it.

Last edited by KingZTX; 12-19-2018 at 02:04 PM.
KingZTX is offline   Reply With Quote