Thread: [For Sale] V3 Head Unit [+] 928 Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Got a call back from Carl at 928motorsports regarding my blower.

He told me it is not repairable by them due to the impeller shims / washers missing. This caused the impeller to hit the casing and metal shards to be transferred.

He said the transmission part is still good to go (the housing) but the impeller may need rebalancing.

He also stated that it needs an oil slinger, unless whoever takes this will want to make it externally oil fed, then they do not need an oil slinger.

The bearings and the seals are still fine as well.

I told him to ship it back to me since the expensive ceramic bearings are still good. At least, I could sell those, if not the entire head unit as is to someone for a very cheap price.

I am willing to let it go for $200 - $300, the entire thing as is.

If anyone is still interested, let me know.

Thanks!